Small Business Administration 8(a) Sole Source
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Sole Source vehicle enables agencies to engage in direct buy contracts with certified contractors. Optimum's SBA 8(a) and SDB business development certification is valid through December 2022.
Benefits of 8(a) Sole Source
The 8(a) Sole Source vehicle provides agencies a simplified and shortened acquisition procedure:
Simple Steps to Establish 8(a) Sole Source Contract with Optimum
- The Government program manager or interested party develops a statement of work, prepares government estimate, and obtains the necessary funding.
- The Government program manager or interested party chooses Optimum to perform the work and submits a procurement request to the agency contracting officer.
- The agency contracting officer prepares and submits an “Offer Letter” to Optimum’s SBA Business Development Specialist.
- SBA processes the Offer Letter and returns it to the agency contracting officer who submits the Statement of Work and Request for Proposal or Quotation to Optimum.
- Optimum submits the proposal which is evaluated and negotiated (if necessary) by the agency.
- The contract is awarded to Optimum.